C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Tuesday, September 17, 2024

Cavalcade of Food: Visit to the Rambler Ranch 1960s House

Samantha and her Flair

Ralph and Kevin from Cavalcade of Food visit the Rambler Ranch House in Colorado, full of groovy 1960s decor, furniture, and appliances.  Ralph also bakes a Mexican Wedding Cake in a 1964 Frigidare Flair oven just like the one in Samantha's kitchen on Bewitched - remember?  The recipe is in the video description.

Your Head Trucker remembers that 1960s stuff very well, although it's not my favorite period, aesthetically or otherwise.  And I don't know about other parts of the country, but shag carpeting was not a thing in the Deep South until the 1970s.  But it's a fun fantasy for the owner and his visitors, and maybe for you, too, if you don't mind some shaky camera work.  Enjoy.

P.S. - Your Head Trucker used to have a recipe for that cake.  It was delicious, and a big hit at get-togethers.  I'll have to dig through my old cookbooks and see if I can find it again.

-----

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails