C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Thursday, April 13, 2023

The Pork Boys Do Easter, 2023

Actually, these are scenes of both our Palm Sunday and Easter Sunday dinners.  I'll post captions soon, but I think most pics are self-explanatory.

Palm Sunday table setting.


Homemade split pea soup.

From 12 o'clock:  glazed carrots, parsleyed potatoes, baked fish with mayo &
egg white topping, crescent roll

Melting Moments cookies, the original recipe from the Argo cornstarch box.


Marinated lamb shanks ready to go into the oven. 
Two shanks make two meals for us.

Homemade bread - M.P. plaited four strands of dough into this pretty pattern.


Hors d'oeuvres.  From 12 o'clock, tomato and avocado slices on toast points, homemade Indian "egg cheese," cucumber sandwiches, crackers, tuna salad dip.

Easter table setting.


Left to right:  roast lamb with carrots, potato salad with radish roses,
and deviled eggs.




Asparagus and Hollandaise sauce, soon to be deliciously combined.


From 12 o'clock:  asparagus, lamb & carrots, mint jelly, potato salad,
bread & butter.

A parfait glass of lemon mousse, topped with whipped cream and a small slice of lemon.  This has become our customary Easter dessert, so sweet, fresh, and festive.

-

-----


3 comments:

Frank said...

As usual- a feast for the eyes as well as for the appetite. We had 7 guys plus Leon and I for Sunday dinner but we get so wrapped up in conversation I forgot to take pictures. We are definitely not as elegant as you guys.

Davis said...

How very proper and festive!

Russ Manley said...

Appreciate ya, fellas. Wish we could have all my truckbuddies dine with us!

Related Posts with Thumbnails