C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Wednesday, December 28, 2022

In Memoriam: The Dance

My first husband in 2009, the last time I heard from him.
By chance, I just recently learned that he died in 2020, age 54.
By all accounts, he loved his life and was much loved.


Thirty Years Ago

We Danced.

Planet & Comet

Took a Big Chance.

Big Love.  Big Loss.  

Big Hurt -- Long Time.

Hard Lesson.

All Forgiven.   

Bless you, Babe.  

Roll on through Heaven.



Russ in 2009.
Everybody's got to leave the darkness sometime.

-----

This is post 1 of 4

-----

The soundtrack:  just for my reference.

-----

5 comments:

Frank said...

First of all, A Beautiful Song. The sentiments are real. Says a lot. No doubt it's a fairly common human experience.
Second, Seems there's been a recent post deleted. That's OK, I guess. But I'm glad I got to see it before it was gone. Thanks for sharing. Hope you got my comment on that.
Third, My memory sucks...Looking back on my blog from years ago, I now find that you shared some heartfelt and personal thoughts in the comments. That was also back when I seemed to have a lot more to say about a lot more things.
Forth, Keep on truckin' buddy.

Davis said...

God bless you Russ.

Russ Manley said...

Deleted my last reply on account of TOO MUCH INFORMATION.

I'll just let the poem in this post speak for itself.

Appreciate ya, Frank, and all my truckbuddies.

Russ Manley said...

Thanks, Davis. I just now saw your comment.

Russ Manley said...

Okay guys, this post is CLOSED now.

Less is More.

And I've got one hell of a Kryptonite hangover.

But I'll be fine, don't worry about me.

I'm Superman.

Related Posts with Thumbnails