C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Sunday, September 25, 2022

Sunday Drive: The Last Rose of Summer

Click to enlarge.

The lovely poem, beautifully sung by John McDermott:


Lyrics:

'Tis the last rose of summer,

    Left blooming alone;

All her lovely companions

    Are faded and gone;

No flower of her kindred,

    No rose-bud is nigh,

To reflect back her blushes

    Or give sigh for sigh!

 

So soon may I follow,

    When friendships decay,

And from love's shining circle

    The gems drop away!

When true hearts lie withered,

    And fond ones are flown,

Oh! who would inhabit

    This bleak world alone?

-----

4 comments:

MB said...

Wow. Stunning; just stunning. I was not familiar with this, but it is especially appropriate for me, having just lost my two siblings, leaving me the only one left.

Russ Manley said...

It is a lovely piece, isn't it? I've lost nearly all my family so I can relate. Bless you.

Davis said...

God Save The King

Russ Manley said...

Vivat Rex.

Related Posts with Thumbnails