C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Friday, September 9, 2022

King Charles III Addresses the Nation

H. M. The King recorded his first address to the nation today at Buckingham Palace.  In it, he praised his late mother's steadfast devotion to duty and pledged likewise to reign during the remainder of his life.  He also announced that he has created his eldest son William Prince of Wales today.  The title is not hereditary, but is created anew by each sovereign for the heir to the throne.

The address was broadcast on British television at 6 p.m. London time.  An Accession Council will be held in St. James's Palace at 10 a.m. tomorrow, followed at 11 a.m. by a public ceremony to proclaim him King of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

 


Meanwhile, tributes to the Queen have appeared all around the world in public and private displays ranging from simple to stunning - an astonishing testimony to how widely and well she was loved.

BBC - In Pictures

The Guardian - In Pictures

-----

2 comments:

Davis said...

I wish him every blessing - he will need them.

Russ Manley said...

Yes, certainly. It's a big job, and too often a thankless one, it seems to me - but I have faith that Charles will be an excellent king. No one could be better prepared than he.

Related Posts with Thumbnails