C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Thursday, November 25, 2021

Thanksgiving Hymn: Come Ye Thankful People, Come


Though M.P. and I are relatively poor in material terms, we are rich in good company, good food, and good health (mostly) - that is a great deal to be thankful for, and we are.  I hope all of my truckbuddies are similarly blessed and enjoy a happy day with friends and family, rejoicing in everything good and lovely:  such remembered joys can never be taken away from us.

Here is a beautiful rendition of the familiar Thanksgiving hymn, written in 1844, played on dulcimer, mandolin, and fiddle:

 

-----

4 comments:

Frank said...

Enjoy the holiday...Happy Thanksgiving!

Russ Manley said...

Same to you, Frank!

Davis said...

Ours was a lovely day with family - the first in two years. Glad to hear you're both (mostly) doing well.
My favorite of the Thanksgiving hymns.

Russ Manley said...

Nice that you were all able to get together. I wonder when this plague is finally going to end, and life get back to normal - whatever that is.

Related Posts with Thumbnails