C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Sunday, May 17, 2020

Obama's Virtual Commencement Address

For the record, another inspiring speech from the former president, directed to the nation's high-school class of 2020:



Doing what feels good, what's convenient, what's easy -- that's how little kids think. Unfortunately, a lot of so-called grown-ups, including some with fancy titles and important jobs, still think that way -- which is why things are so screwed up. I hope that instead, you decide to ground yourself in values that last, like honesty, hard work, responsibility, fairness, generosity, respect for others.

Bonus:  For comedy relief, here's a couple of headlines that made me laugh out loud.

Fox Host:  Obama's "Not All That Articulate"

Trump Calls Obama "Grossly Incompetent"


4 comments:

Davis said...

Thanks for posting this.

Russ Manley said...

You're welcome. BTW Davis, looking back through several recent posts, I see that I somehow neglected to compliment you on your 40th anniversary. What a wonderful thing - all good wishes to you and your hubby.

Davis said...

Thanks, I have many regrets in my life but the best thing I every did was capture and corral this guy forty years ago. We're blessed.

Russ Manley said...

Sweet.

Related Posts with Thumbnails