C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Sunday, April 5, 2020

The Queen's Broadcast, 4/5/20

The Queen spoke to the British nation and the Commonwealth in a broadcast from Windsor Castle today:



We should take comfort that while we may have more still to endure, better days will return: we will be with our friends again; we will be with our families again; we will meet again.


The Queen made a touching reference to her first broadcast via radio, addressed to the children of embattled Britain in 1940 when she was 14 years old; her sister, Princess Margaret, age 10, chimes in at the end:





3 comments:

NW MAN said...

Our "leadership" during this global crisis pales in comparison even to the princess, let alone the queen. I long for a president I can be proud of and support. Not one who is rightfully the brunt of jokes and late night talk show monologues.

Davis said...

She spoke as eloquently as usual and her reference to her childhood speech mean a great deal to older generations. Oh to have a head of state that is untainted by bitter political rivalries.

Russ Manley said...

I heartily agree with both of you.

Related Posts with Thumbnails