C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Sunday, April 26, 2020

Sunday Drive: Be Still, My Soul


Sometimes I find the simplest arrangements are the best; here is such a version of a beloved hymn, with English lyrics from 1855.




A Prayer for Spiritual Reception of Communion

In union, dear Lord, with the faithful at every altar of your Church, where your blessed Body and Blood are being offered to the Father, I desire to offer you praise and thanksgiving. I present to you my soul and body, with the earnest wish that I may ever be united to you. And since I cannot now receive you sacramentally, I pray you to come spiritually into my heart. I unite myself to you, and embrace you with all the affections of my soul. O let nothing ever separate me from you. Let me live and die in your love. Amen.

--from St. James's Episcopal Church, New York City,
which is currently providing Sunday Eucharist online


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails