C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Wednesday, May 27, 2015

State Opening of Parliament 2015

HM The Queen opened Parliament today in London with a Speech from the Throne written by the newly elected all-Conservative government.  From the official United Kingdom Parliament YouTube channel:
The State Opening of Parliament took place on Wednesday 27 May 2015. State Opening marks the formal start of the new 2015-16 parliamentary session. The primary purpose of this colourful state occasion is to set out the Government's legislative agenda in the Queen's Speech.




A few more street scenes for the pageantry junkies among us:




And Black Rod explains the bit about the doors being slammed:




Related Posts with Thumbnails