C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Friday, May 15, 2015

Armagaydon, Begorra!

A sampling of videos, pro and con, on the marriage equality referendum to be held next week in Ireland.

First, a video in favor of gay marriage, by a straight ally:




Next, a serious anti-marriage ad and a satirical ad - guess which is which:






And a fuming, sputtering anti-marriage advocate gets a big laugh at a "people's debate" last January:




In the same debate, a lesbian makes an impassioned plea for equality:




While we're on the subject, you ought to read the moving commentary by Ursula Halligan, one of Ireland's top journalists, who just came out this week in the Irish Times.


And I'll end this post with a brilliant little clip about a lone straight family determined to maintain their righteousness in the apocalyptic world that will surely follow marriage equality:



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails