C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Friday, August 30, 2013

Anderson Cooper Exposes Pat Robertson

Earlier this week, televangelist and granddaddy-of-all-homophobes Pat Robertson said on his TV show that teh evil gays wear special rings that will cut your finger when you shake hands with them, giving you AIDS - which of course is murder. The clip was on YouTube, but Robertson's Christian Broadcasting Network had it yanked after a furor arose over his shitheaded comments.

But now the essential part of the clip - and some other choice moments of fatuous bigotry - have been preserved forever in this edition of Cooper's Ridiculist:





Jonathan Capehart, columnist for the Washington Post, says it's time for real Christians to speak out against this kind of homophobia and tell Robertson and his ilk to "stuff it":


Visit NBCNews.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

4 comments:

Davis said...

Astounding words from Robertson who ought to be locked away for his own good. What amazes is that anyone - anyone at all - would listen to him.

Russ Manley said...

I don't know about up nawth, but down here and all across Dixie, there are millions upon millions of simple-minded folks who think exactly like he does - may be hard for you to believe, but it's even harder for me to live surrounded by them.

Stan said...

I don't think most folks up here even know who he is let alone listen to him. You have my sympathy Russ.

Russ Manley said...

Appreciate ya, Stan.

Related Posts with Thumbnails