C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Why Marriage Matters

Imagine being with the same man for fifty years, still happily . . . um, what?  And when the nurse in the emergency room asks what your marital status is, after all those years together, what do you say?  What can you say?

A sampler of wonderful new marriage-equality ads from Lambda Legal in Illinois that make their point oh so clearly (just keep watching to go through the playlist):



The Illinois House of Representatives may - or may not - consider a same-sex marriage bill in a special session called to begin on June 19th. The bill was passed by the Illinois Senate by 34-21 on Valentine's Day this year.

Compare those messages with this one from the gutter-minded Pat Robinson, who laments that teh gayz are destroying everything just for their own selfish sexual desires:



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails