C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Saturday, April 20, 2013

We Can All Use a Little Comedy Relief Now

Cheering crowds hail Boston police at the end of the manhunt on Friday night.

1. D-O-M-A, by Columbia Law Review Students - crudely versified, but good for a laugh:




2. "Jesus, This Week" from The Onion - excerpt:
Following what could only be described by witnesses as the goddamned week to end all soul-crushing weeks, sources all across the nation reported that, sorry, is all this shit really happening at once? Because if all this shit is really happening at once, multiple reports verified, then this might actually be, honest to God, one of the worst weeks of all time.

No joke, added anyone with a set of working eyes and ears. Of all time.


3. Ah but truth is stranger than fiction, and not as funny: "Marathon Runner Witnesses Double Disasters," from the Associated Press.


4. And to take your mind off earthly things, what happens when you wring out a wet cloth in space? The answer is fucking amazing:




5. Andrew Sullivan: If Dali were a bird, he'd be an Inca tern.



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails