C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Tired Old Queen at the Movies: Out of the Past


Steve Hayes serves up a hot cup of steamy film noir in his latest review:
Robert Mitchum lands his first starring role and, along with Jane Greer and Kirk Douglas, creates one of the landmarks of Film Noir in Jacques Tourneur's classic, OUT OF THE PAST (1947). Based on the novel Build My Gallows High, Mitchum plays a former detective sent on a mission by a sinister gangster (Douglas) to find and retrieve his former girlfriend (Greer) who not only shot him, but also stole $40,000. Greer plays her like the pretty girl next door, who just happens to be homicidal. Mitchum falls hard, and as a result, is crossed, double-crossed, and framed for a coupla killings . It's a murderous trip down memory lane you won't soon forget.



Catch more fabulous movie reviews at Steve's YouTube channel.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails