C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Body Without Soul

What shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world,
and lose his own soul?

A story that needs no commentary from me, only deep sympathy for a lamb strayed from the fold.



From Sunday's New York TimesThe Life and Death of the Therapist Bob Bergeron, by journalist Jacob Bernstein, gay son of famed authors Carl Bernstein and Nora Ephron.

Lord, have mercy.  Grant to him and to all the departed eternal rest, and let light perpetual shine upon them.

2 comments:

Tim said...

A sad story, his own victim. I don't agree there's an optimum age for wanting to be, or being a sex object, or that there is a right side to forty. Sure, sometimes I'd like the slimmer body I used to have, but I'd miss the experience and (hopefully) the greater wisdom the years and a bigger belly have brought.

Growing old gracefully takes practicefor sure, but it's not an impossible dream.

Oohh heavy!

Frank said...

It is sad that Bob Bergeron could not find the support or the purpose to keep living, especially as he seemed to have it all. It seems his book was an attempt to convince himself that there is happiness after forty...

Perhaps its harder for someone blessed with extreme good looks to grow older, especially in a culture that values looks maybe more than wealth. But 40? That is still youth!

I never saw the inside of a gym until I was in my forties and that didn't last long. But 40 for me was still exciting. It was really just the beginning of my gay life as I was hardly out of my gay adolescence.

Now sixty is another story! I want to read the book "Happy on the Other Side of Sixty"

Related Posts with Thumbnails