C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Saturday, June 26, 2010

Tired Old Queen at the Movies: Elizabeth and Essex

Steve Hayes reviews the great Bette Davis and megastud Errol Flynn in this tale of love and betrayal at the court of the Virgin Queen:



The trailer, with the magnificent score by Eric Korngold in the background:



Nannette Fabray (who knew?) talks about her role in this picture, and the lead actors:



Here's a tribute to Hollywood's bad boy, with a perfect pairing of song and subject:



Oh, and um, sure looks like blood will tell:  here's Errol's grandson, Luke Flynn, modeling for Nautica.  Whadda ya say, fellas - chip off the old block?


2 comments:

Doorman-Priest said...

They just don't make them like that any more.

dave said...

Apparently, they do - have a look at his doppelgânger!

Related Posts with Thumbnails