C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Sunday, July 28, 2024

Newsbites, 7/28/24

Republicans fall in line; Democrats fall in love.

--Amerian truism, 21st century
What a week it's been since Biden bowed out of the presidential race!  For once it's the Democrats who have "fallen in line" behind Kamala, with no exceptions that I've heard of.  Which is a damn good thing, because there's only 101 days left till the election, and no time to waste.

(Another time we'll talk about the absurdity of election campaigns that go on for months and years.  Britain and France just had elections - it was 6 weeks of campaigning for the Brits and only 4 weeks for the French.  How wonderful it would be if ours were that short.)

A few newsbites from the weekend.  First, Pete B. rips Vance and the whole Republican scheme:

 

Kamala raises $200 million in the first week:

 

Washington Week in Review panel discussion:

-----

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails