C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Friday, June 12, 2020

Dear Joe: It's Kamala, of Course


Headline on Joe.My.God. this morning:

Biden’s Veep List Narrows: Harris, Warren, Rice, Others

And here is my open letter to Joe Biden:
Hey Joe - buddy! - you know you're a great guy in my book, always have been, always will be.  But listen, I wanna ask you something.  What's up with all this hesitation and delay?  Just backroom politicking?  Gotta get all your ducks in a row before the convention?  Oh sure, sure, I can understand that.

But you know in your heart - don't you? - it's got to be Kamala for veep.  Has to be.  That's a no-brainer, man.  Everybody can see that.

You don't have time for long letters, I know, so let me just spell it out quick and easy - cc this to your staff:
  • Black.
  • Female.
  • Senator.  With friends in Congress, and she knows how it works over there.
  • Smart as a whip. And it shows.
  • Criminal justice creds out to gazoo.  She knows how state government works, too.
  • Articulate.  Poised.  Dignified.  Grounded.  Real.  
  • Very classy, very likable, very relatable - appealing to people all over the spectrum.
  • A tough, smooth fighter:  Did you see how she reduced Barr to jelly without ever raising her voice or talking trash?  And how she tore Gabbard to shreds without stopping to draw breath?
  • Just the right age:  Old enough to have learned some life wisdom, but not over the hill.  (I love you, Joe, but hey, let's face it - we're neither of us spring chickens anymore. You're doing better than me, but still.)  And God forbid anything ever happened to ya, Joe - I'd cry my eyes out - but I do believe she could pick up the reins without even blinking.  A strong woman.  Fierce.
  • And last but not least:  Fabulous dress sense.  You do want the gay vote, don't you?
OF COURSE IT'S KAMALA.  She is exactly what the nation needs at this crucial time - and Biden/Harris will be an unbeatable team: black/white, male/female, east coast/west coast, old hand/new blood.  It's so completely OBVIOUS that there's just no other choice.

So come on, Joe.  Step up to the plate.  Just do it.  Because it's the right thing to do and she is the right person for the job.  A winner in every sense.  So do it, Joe - give the nation HOPE and CHANGE again.  Hell, give the whole world hope, and show 'em what America is really all about:  liberty and justice for ALL. 

You won't regret it.  And I can sleep better at night.  Hugs to Jill.

Your pal for Victory in November,

Russ

With Barr:




With Gabbard:




And Senator Harris has a special message for Trump:








No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails