C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Sunday, July 8, 2018

Beach Mix, 7/8/18


Well, fellas, the world's in a helluva shape, and seems there's not much we can do about it just now - but instead of sitting home feeling blue, let's have an old-fashioned beach party!  

Sunday Drive is on summer hiatus while I offer some favorites from the mid-sixties for fun in the sun and tans on the sands.

What memories do these songs bring back for you?




Cool Jerk, The Capitols, 1966:




Call Me, Chris Montez, 1965:




You're the One, The Vogues, 1965:




Reach Out I'll Be There, The Four Tops, featuring the late, great Levi Stubbs, 1966:




4 comments:

Tim said...

I remember Chris Montez playing, and the Beach Boys (though more their later stuff) but the Four Tops strikes a chord (sic) I think it was from my first Disco experiences. Well....I was only fourteen in ’66. What a lovely selection Bubba, enjoy your hernia, sorry, hiatus. ;P

JMac said...

Thank you for a wonderfull post so many great memories even as a 8-9yo i was very focused on the guys and had a big crush on the Beach Boys as i grew up in a very Surfing focused area and back in those days they wore tight broadshorts or speedos which always drew my eye

Davis said...

Thanks for these - I Get Around has great resonance to me.

Russ Manley said...

You're welcome, fellas - glad you like.

Related Posts with Thumbnails