C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Monday, August 15, 2016

Tired Old Queen at the Movies: The Women


Steve Hayes reviews the 1939 comedy, a favorite of your Head Trucker's:
Norma Shearer, Joan Crawford and Roz Russell lead a bevy of MGM beauties in George Cukor's comedy classic The Women. Based on a play by Claire Booth Luce, with a screenplay by Anita Loos, it also stars Paulette Goddard, Joan Fontaine, Marjorie Main, the delightful Mary Boland and an all female cast who deliver some of the wittiest dialogue of the golden age of screen comedies. Gorgeously shot in the MGM tradition, with outrageous costumes by Adrian and a color fashion show that will knock your eyes out, it's a hysterical, bitchy glam fest you don't want to miss!



Catch more fabulous movie reviews at Steve's YouTube Channel.

4 comments:

Davis said...

Gayest Movie Ever

Russ Manley said...

Oh Mary, don't ask!

Frank said...

Leon and I need to watch every episode of Steve Hayes. I heard that it's time to renew our Gay membership and we know absolutely nothing about old movies or old movie stars...we couldn't pass the gay test if all the questions were about campy movies. When we get together with certain friends, we are lost when they start quoting lines spoken by famous and not so famous stars of the past.

Russ Manley said...

Oh my, don't lose your Pink Card! Steve is an excellent resource, and campy as hell, so get started today with his reviews. Write me if you need any coaching for the Pink Test.

Related Posts with Thumbnails