C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Monday, June 4, 2012

Jubilee Pageant on the Thames

Aboard the Royal Barge:  The Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh, with the Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, and Prince Harry.  Other members of the Royal Family followed on other boats,
 but seems to me the Queen was emphasizing the line of succession here.

It rained, and it poured. But all the commentators said it wouldn't have been a truly British event without a spot of rain. The crowds lining the banks a million strong seemed to agree; and a good time was had by all. Some highlights:









And this one brought a tear to your Head Trucker's eye, for obvious reasons. Just watch:

1 comment:

Tim said...

Outstanding! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails