C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Sunday, September 3, 2023

Sunday Drive: The Lord's My Shepherd, I'll Not Want

In memory of beloved Queen Elizabeth II, who died a year ago this week and now rests in God, far beyond all earthly cares.  This was one of her favorite hymns and was played at her funeral in Westminster Abbey, as shown in the clip below.

 

Note to my truckbuddies: After two months of roasting in brutal heat, we have been blessed the past week with a merciful cool spell - temperatures only in the mid-90s, a merciful relief. (This means temperatures in the house have been 70-75, instead of 85-90.) This change has helped our feelings considerably. Temps are due to creep back up into the low 100s this week, and thereafter settle down into the 90s for the rest of the month - I do hope. 

Otherwise, we are shuffling along here okay, though your Head Trucker walks even more slowly now and my eyesight has gotten a bit blurry, which plays hell with my typing and is most annoying. We both have aches and discomforts in various places; sometimes we can't sleep, sometimes we sleep all day.  Getting old is no fun.  But we have all we need at the moment, good things to eat, and a happy home, and that's a lot to be thankful for. I hope all my truckbuddies are enjoying the time, wherever they are.

There's only so many summers, babe, and so many springs . . . 

-----

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails