C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Sunday, July 30, 2023

Sunday Drive: Turn! Turn! Turn! / Mr. Tambourine Man

A favorite of your Head Trucker's since the first time I heard it on the radio - performed here by the Byrds on the Ed Sullivan Show, December 12, 1965:

 
The lyrics are, of course, taken from the book of Ecclesiastes, chapter 3, modified slightly for the song:
To everything turn, turn, turn
There is a season turn, turn, turn
And a time to every purpose under Heaven.

A time to be born, a time to die
A time to plant, a time to reap
A time to kill, a time to heal
A time to laugh, a time to weep . . .


 

Not my favorite group, but they had a memorable sound that calls to mind the jingle-jangle days of youth, when the endless road of life seemed to lead everywhere but the grave.


-----

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails