C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Wednesday, July 19, 2023

Life Is a Beach, 7/19/23

Live cam, Hollywood Beach, Florida:

 

I'm still meditating on that big essay I mentioned last week.  It's harder to write than I expected; I can't seem to focus on a single, coherent theme out of a large grab-bag of memories, comparisons, and opinions.  M.P. has given me  a good suggestion, though, which I am mulling over.  So maybe next week.  Meanwhile, enjoy the cool breeze on the beach.
-----

4 comments:

Frank said...

I would just say that in my experience of writing a memoir, delving into the personal was both cathartic and healing to some degree, and there would have been no substance to the book without the very personal emotions and struggles and drama. Belonging to a great group of writers who read and critiqued my every attempt at composing a coherent chapter was crucial to completing the memoir (which I have since re-published with revisions, additions and corrections, on blogger). I agree that a "lecture on politics" (or anything else) or a historical piece probably would not hold my interest (I have attention deficit issues). In any case, follow your heart and unbridled instincts.

Russ Manley said...

Thanks for all your encouragement, Frank. Appreciate ya.

My hesitation is not due to shyness or inarticulateness - more like the knot in your stomach when you peer over a high cliff. I want to get some things off my chest - but stay in my comfort zone too. That's healthy. And some things are best left unsaid in this know-all, tell-all modern world. Besides, I think my original concept was just too big a job for tired old queen, so I may settle for a much simpler statement next week.

Stay tuned.

Davis said...

Keep going, Russ. I'm waiting with bated breath ;-) seriously I always take things away from your writing.

Russ Manley said...

Thanks for that very encouraging word, friend. I guess now I'll *have* to write something. Let me see what I can do.

Related Posts with Thumbnails