C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Tuesday, February 1, 2022

Winter Storm Coming to Texas

Winter weather warnings extend from Texas to New York.
Click to enlarge.

Here we go again.  The memory of last year's Deep Freeze is still quite vivid and painful.  Now we are expecting 3 inches of snow and temps down to 15, starting Wednesday night, and it won't get much above freezing again until Sunday.  The Governor and his energy team say don't worry, we have everything under control, and plenty of energy to around.

Which is just what they said before last year's storm which crippled the state and left millions, including M.P. and me, sitting in the dark and cold for days.  So I am indeed worried.

People are already swarming the grocery stores here - M.P. and I will make a run this afternoon to stock up on our necessities, and hope we can ride it out till next week without having to leave the house.  I know a lot of folks up in the Northeast are still recovering from that awful blizzard last weekend - I hope we don't get hit that hard here.  I'll let you know, and maybe will have some snow pics to share later in the week.  Wish us luck!

If you have nothing else whatsoever to do with your time - What's wrong with you, son? - here's a few boring news stories about preparations in Texas to look at.




Our local forecast for the next ten days - click to enlarge:



Update:  We survived.  It was mighty cold, but not as cold as last year's storm, and thank goodness the lights and heat stayed on the whole time.  So we bundled up for a few days, but by Sunday most of the snow was gone except in a few shady places.  For the record, here are a couple of rather undramatic pics taken Thursday morning:

Looking through the kitchen window at the height of the snow storm.

The driveway was carpeted with snow about 3 inches deep.

-----


1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails