C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Sunday, August 9, 2020

Sunday Drive: Jesus, Savior, Pilot Me

This short, but comforting little hymn, written by Edward Hopper (not the painter) in 1871, is an old favorite of your Head Trucker's:




And here is another old favorite prayer of your Head Trucker's from Forward Day by Day that I used to recite daily:
A Morning Resolve

I will try this day to live a simple, sincere and serene life, repelling promptly every thought of discontent, anxiety, discouragement, impurity, and self-seeking;

Cultivating cheerfulness, magnanimity, charity, and the habit of holy silence;

Exercising economy in expenditure, generosity in giving, carefulness in conversation, diligence in appointed service, fidelity to every trust, and a childlike faith in God.

In particular I will try to be faithful in those habits of prayer, work, study, physical exercise, eating, and sleep which I believe the Holy Spirit has shown me to be right.

And as I cannot in my own strength do this, nor even with a hope of success attempt it, I look to thee, O Lord God my Father, in Jesus my Savior, and ask for the gift of the Holy Spirit. Amen.

Take what you like and leave the rest.  We all need something to keep us sane of mind and stout of heart in this furious modern world.


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails