C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Sunday, July 26, 2020

Sunday Drive: Summertime in Venice

The poignant theme from the movie Summertime (1955), starring Katharine Hepburn and Rossano Brozzi, is as beautiful as the film. If you've never seen it, you should.



The original trailer for the film gives an idea of the glorious cinematography that shows the city and the stars at their best:




* * * * * * * * * * * * 

Bulletin, 12 Noon:  Olivia de Havilland dead at age 104.  The beloved actress died in her sleep at her home in Paris yesterday.  She is survived by her daughter, Giselle, a journalist.

By sad coincidence, I just last week posted an interview with Miss de Havilland from 2016.

The last star of the Golden Age has fallen, one of the loveliest.  May she rest in peace and rise in glory.

The BBC reports:



Turner Classic Movies remembers:



And the late Robert Osborne, longtime host of TCM, was a close friend of Miss de Havilland's for many years until his death in 2017:




4 comments:

Frank said...

Movies like that are a thing of the past...there is no romance anymore (even if it was a fantasy for most viewers)....let alone orchestral theme music.

Russ Manley said...

You are so right. No romance now, only brutal reality; no undying love, only momentary lust. What an ugly, ugly century this is.

Davis said...

We love that film. So perfect and Brazzi - wow was he a hunk...

Russ Manley said...

He certainly was.

Related Posts with Thumbnails