C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Friday, November 18, 2016

Waitin' for the Weekend: Beat the Devil

Beat the Devil, a charmingly amateurish film from Athletic Model Guild, presumably filmed back in the good old days when America was Great, demonstrates a much-needed lesson for our day:  we can indeed resist and vanquish the Prince of Darkness because we are stronger together.  Yes we can!




And yes, this is all you'll get to see on Tumblr after January 20th.


3 comments:

Frank said...

I remember when Dubbya got elected...it was shortly thereafter that the new head of the National Park Service likely started an all-out campaign to have rangers crack down on nudity at the gay beach at Herring Cove in Provincetown. I suspect that this new administration will be even more repressive.

I can't ever remember a time (even after George W got elected) that I would wake up with a thought of the president-elect and a feeling of dread and disbelief.

Tim said...

Where is this scene in the good book Russ? I’ll have to dig mine out! And the studly lad’s names....Hammock, Kiser and Bell...It goes to show that Americans do have a sense of humour, as the recent election proves. Keep smiling Bubba, if you want, I’ll send Boris over, he’s a joke as well. Grin.

Russ Manley said...

Frank - I don't remember any such dread and disbelief, either. As I've already written in an earlier post, it was the same shock and numbness as when there's a sudden, unexpected death in the family. Terrible.

Tim - The text for this cinematic homily must surely be James 4:7 - Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. And these are comfortable words indeed. For it's the handsome devils who linger and use us for their sport that torment us so, what?

I'm not sure what's so funny about the names, but the election would certainly be boffo IF and if only it were a skit on late night TV. No need to bother Boris, we have all the laughs, I mean groans we can stand just now.

Related Posts with Thumbnails