C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Monday, November 3, 2014

Marriage News Watch, 11/3/14

Matt Baume of the American Foundation for Equal Rights reports:




And here's an update on Tim Bostic and Tony London, successful plaintiffs in the lawsuit that brought marriage equality to Virginia last month:





Update, 11/4:   Add Kansas to the list.  Freedom to Marry reports:
Today, United States District Court Judge Daniel D. Crabtree ruled in favor of the freedom to marry in Kansas, issuing a preliminary injunction that forbids state officials from enforcing the ban on marriage for same-sex couples in Kansas. Judge Crabtree placed the ruling on hold until November 11 at 5:00pm - but if the state says it will not pursue an appeal, the stay could be lifted sooner.

This ruling comes less than a month after the Supreme Court denied review of five cases involving the freedom to marry, including cases in Oklahoma and Utah. Because Oklahoma and Utah are in the 10th Circuit, these rulings are binding throughout the circuit, including in Kansas.
Full text of the ruling here.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails