C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Thursday, November 29, 2012

Same Love

As I'm sure my readers have long since realized, your Head Trucker has grown up to be a boring old geezer from Nowheresville who is far too antique to appreciate this peculiar fad they call rap or hip-hop or whatever.  Nevertheless, I think the following video is a beautiful and moving work of art. Call me crazy. See what you think:



It so happens that a teacher in Michigan has just been suspended for allowing a student to play this song in class. Justified?

5 comments:

Stan said...

The video is very good. I'd say the song is okay. Thanks.

Ray's Cowboy said...

I have to agree with Stan on this.

Ray

Russ Manley said...

I wouldn't listen to it as a song, but it's a very nice video, glad you guys think so too.

Hunter said...

Not going to be one of my all-time favorite songs, but it has its moments. The video's OK, even if I felt like I'd seen it before, but there are limits to what you can get away with for a mass audience.

Was the school justified in suspending the teacher? No way.

Russ Manley said...

I was just amazed that somebody could do something lovely with the rap genre instead of profanity-laden smut.

Related Posts with Thumbnails