C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Saturday, September 15, 2012

Worth Watching: The History of the Home

Lucy Worsley

What may or may not be the first in a series of documentaries that your Head Trucker has enjoyed on YouTube:  from BBC4, If Walls Could Talk:  The History of the Home, presented by Lucy Worsley, Chief Curator of Historic Royal Palaces, London. 

Worsley takes viewers through the 800-year evolution of the living room, bedroom, kitchen, and bathroom, with visits to historic houses in various parts of England.  Pretty fascinating, and full of many enlightening historical tidbits - from cooking a hedgehog to roasting with a dog-powered spit. Here's the first part of the episode on the kitchen.




BTW - the hit counter in the sidebar tells me that the Blue Truck has now had over 400,000 views. Thanks for the support, guys.

2 comments:

Ur-spo said...

Interesting program Thanks for sharing.

Russ Manley said...

You're welcome, glad you like.

Related Posts with Thumbnails