C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Tuesday, July 10, 2012

The Meaning of Marriage

A resolution authorizing the blessing of same-sex couples - not marriage per se, but still a formal ceremony in church - was approved on Monday night by the House of Bishops of the General Convention of the Episcopal Church now meeting in Indianapolis. It now must be approved by the House of Deputies (clergy and laity), which is expected to do so in the next few days. I'll update you all when that comes to pass.

The full convention also approved ordination of transgender clergy on Monday.

In the meantime, here's a short but very moving documentary I just found about what marriage really means - I know my truckbuddies will appreciate it:



2 comments:

Frank said...

Every step forward by individuals and institutions helps swell the tide of equality. Great move by the Episcopal Church.

Russ Manley said...

Well said, Frank.

Related Posts with Thumbnails