C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Saturday, June 16, 2012

Obama Holds Pride Reception at the White House

Your tax dollars at work in a fabulous way yesterday; transcript here.



The Secretary of State also gave a shout-out for Pride:



As did - OMG - the Secretary of Defense. Just pretty damn amazing to me, boys.



I remember when times were very, very different. As in this trailer for a new documentary in the works, The Lavender Scare - which you should read up on if you don't already know about.



You can read more about the book and about the movie, slated for release this fall.

The important thing is to forgive - but never forget that the witch hunts happened. And could happen again. History shows that the path to the future often takes some strange twists and turns, boys. So never be complacent about your freedom and your civil rights.

Or anybody else's.  If "liberty and justice for all" means anything, it means as Americans, we're all in this together.

2 comments:

June Butler said...

All good. It is all good. I especially liked Panetta. He was very strong.

And we should never forget the past, in the hope that we do not repeat it.

Russ Manley said...

Very true indeed, Mimi.

Related Posts with Thumbnails