C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Monday, February 20, 2012

The Truth about Mardi Gras



I know all you boys are gearing up for your big Mardi Gras celebrations tomorrow . . . aren't you? While you're picking out beads and feathers and dusting off your sequined pants (use a little club soda on that embarassingly stubborn stain), here's a few educational clips for you to think on.

First, there's still time to get your king cake made, and don't forget the plastic baby:




And if you really want to know, here's the scoop on those Mardi Gras colors:




And remember, all you city boys: it ain't no real Mardi Gras without a chicken chase:




Laissez les bon temps rouler!

2 comments:

Frank said...

Thanks Russ for all that good info. I missed the deadline for making King Cake this year - but luckily Leon found one at the local supermarket in Wysox PA of all places, where we were visiting his sister this past weekend. It was actually very good, complete with Baby JC and all.

Russ Manley said...

Glad you had some king cake. MP and I had an impromptu Mardi Gras dinner last night, but when I stopped by the grocery store they were all sold out! We had to make do with some ersatz cupcakes frosted in purple, gold, and green. But they were festive enough, with some Spumanti to wash them down.

Related Posts with Thumbnails