C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Tired Old Queen at the Movies: Notorious


Steve Hayes reviews the stylish Hitchcock thriller, which your Head Trucker recommends too:
Cary Grant and Ingrid Bergman find themselves in a web of intrigue and a nest of Nazis led by Claude Rains in Alfred Hitchcock's suspense classic, NOTORIOUS (1946). With a script by Ben Hect and a superb supporting cast including Louis Calhern and the wonderful Madame Konstantin as the meanest mother that ever raised a Nazi, this is Hitchcock at his absolute best. Bergman has never been more radiant and Cary Grant never more gorgeous...or visa versa. The cinematography shimmers and so do their love scenes. You'll be at the edge of your seat, swept up in the glamour, romance and suspense of NOTORIOUS.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails