C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Thursday, January 21, 2010

Cindy Supports Us

It's a busy week here, but I had to stop and take time to show you guys this unexpected supporter of marriage equality:  Cindy McCain, wife of Senator John McCain.



I hereby unthink all my sneering, rich-bitch thoughts about her.  It just goes to show, boys - you can't tell a book by its cover.  The Advocate has the story here.

2 comments:

Tom said...

Yes, but where was her support during the campaign of 2008, when her husband and his VP candidate were campaigning on the stance that we LGBTs don't deserve rights? Where was she when we Californians were working the trenches to try and defeat Prop 8? She was silently standing at her anti-marriage-equality husband's side.

I do give her credit for finally coming out publicly in support of marriage equality, but she missed the boat two years ago in CA when her words and her air-brushed portrait could possibly have made a difference, or at least stirred the waters and possibly get a few more Reps. to speak up.

Russ Manley said...

Perhaps. But Tom, let's welcome our allies wherever we find them, not mount an Inquisition on them because they didn't see the light sooner.

That's no way to make friends, ya know?

Related Posts with Thumbnails