C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Thursday, October 9, 2008

Warning labels are so gay

Queer playwright Christopher Marlowe, a contemporary of Shakespeare's, said it best four hundred years ago: "All them that love not Tobacco and Boys be fooles."

But alas, some in the Church of England are still way, way, way behind the times, and dangerously so, as the Daily Telegraph reports:

The Rev Dr Peter Mullen, who is rector of St Michael’s Cornhill and St Sepulchre without Newgate in the City, said in an internet blog that homosexuality was "clearly unnatural, a perversion and corruption of natural instincts and affections, and because it is a cause of fatal disease".

He wrote: "Let us make it obligatory for homosexuals to have their backsides tattooed with the slogan SODOMY CAN SERIOUSLY DAMAGE YOUR HEALTH and their chins with FELLATIO KILLS".

The Bishop of London, the Rt Rev Richard Chartres, said the posting, which has since been taken down, was "highly offensive". The Rev Mullen, 66, was told on Friday that he could face disciplinary action.

Peter Tatchell of gay rights group OutRage! said he should resign.

The rector, who has written for The Daily Telegraph, insisted that he meant no harm: "I wrote some satirical things on my blog and anybody with an ounce of sense of humour or any understanding of the tradition of English satire would immediately assume that they’re light-hearted jokes."


Yeah right, you hateful old creep. Go bugger yourself, as our Brit friends would say.

Me, I'm with Marlowe all the way. Cigarettes and sodomy, amen to all that!

2 comments:

David said...

Cigarettes and sodomy, smokes and sex, Marlboros and men...oh yeah!

Actually now that we're back from Paris and London I've told myself it's probably time to put the smokes down, but the men, never!

Anonymous said...

You go, David! Hope you had a great time in gay Par-ee.

Russ

Related Posts with Thumbnails