C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Friday, September 18, 2026

Waitin' for the Weekend

"Knowns + Unknowns #2" by Clint Collide:

-----

4 comments:

Alex said...

So many familiar faces!
Young Jon Bon Jovi was a dreamboat 😅

Russ Manley said...

Glad you like. Ricky Nelson with those dreamy blue eyes was another hottie - but that was before your time. Woofy Jeff Bridges sends me too. And *of course* Tom Selleck - my ideal.

But studly Rock Hudson is mislabeled as Van Johnson, a blond - Clint Collide does that sometimes, he isn't as familiar with the old stars as he thinks he is.

BTW, I haven't finished with my "Grand Tour" series yet - we've had a lot going on here with home repairs, health problems, and so on. But I'll make another post in the series next week, I hope, with another old pic of me I dug up. Stay tuned!

Alex said...

Ricky Nelson was also a good looking lad (I know of him, but only in last 20 or so years).

Looking forward to the Grand Tour continuation!

Russ Manley said...

Check out this smash hit of Ricky's - I remember when it was on the radio, and you heard it playing on every jukebox in town:

https://youtu.be/vGlOuYVTEX4?si=PuCKUIa-fAKEHy40

Note: The military draft continued after World War II, and millions of able-bodied young men spent a couple of years in the service during the Cold War years. American G. I.'s were stationed all over the globe, many of them in Germany, Japan, and Korea, as well as lots of other places. Everyone understood the "traveling man" was a soldier or sailor.

Related Posts with Thumbnails