C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Friday, June 3, 2022

Platinum Jubilee Thanksgiving Service at St. Paul's

A service of thanksgiving for the life and reign of HM Queen Elizabeth II was held in St. Paul's Cathedral in London this morning.  I haven't found a YouTube video of the complete service yet, but this short news clip shows members of the Royal Family and a few political leaders arriving at the steps of the cathedral.  The Queen, "with great reluctance," did not attend the service, owing to ongoing mobility problems; she was represented by the Prince of Wales.

 

When a full video becomes available, I will post it here. Meanwhile, perhaps my truckbuddies will enjoy hearing one old queen dish about another:  Queen Margrethe II of Denmark celebrated her own Golden Jubliee - 50 years on the throne of Denmark - this past January. She is an artist and a delightful personality herself; here she speaks about her long friendship with Elizabeth II.


-----

2 comments:

Davis said...

Poor old dear - she is hanging in there. Vivat

Russ Manley said...

Yes, still in harness after all these years, and still cheerful too - God bless her.

Related Posts with Thumbnails