C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Thursday, September 3, 2020

What I'm Watching: Buckingham Palace, the Interiors

Buckingham Palace from gardens, London, UK - Diliff (cropped)

This fascinating documentary is Part I of a three-part series about the magnificent interiors of Buckingham Palace narrated by the British designer Ashley Hicks, a grandson of Lord Mountbatten and second cousin to the Prince of Wales. It is based on Hicks's eponymous book, published 2018, showing hundreds of historic illustrations of the state apartments and their furnishings, augmented by more recent photographs he took himself.  Hicks gives quite a comprehensive survey of the palace furnishings, artwork, and interior architecture:  a delightful eyeful, if you like that sort of thing.




No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails