C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Sunday, November 17, 2019

Sunday Drive: What Mattered Most

It has only recently come to your Head Trucker's attention that country star Ty Herndon - who came out in 2014 - re-recorded his 1995 hit  "What Mattered Most" for Pride 2019, but with changed pronouns.

It happens that Ty was one of my favorite singers back in the 90's, though this was not my favorite of his songs.  Still, I sure do admire what he has done with it - haven't we all mentally transposed the pronouns in countless songs over the years?  See what you think.



For you non-country fans, here's one of his hits that really shows off his smooth, sexy baritone:




2 comments:

Frank said...

Sorry to say I've not heard of Ty; but I don't listen to music radio much, neither pop nor country. He's got a nice voice. Made me think of Jeff Krassner whose music we played at our wedding (Strong for You and I Hear the Angels Sing). When I just looked him up I sadly find his obituary. Here's a link to his music:


https://www.allmusic.com/album/strong-for-you-mw0000615027

Russ Manley said...

Thanks for the link. Krassner has a great voice, what a shame he is no longer with us. I went looking on YouTube for his music and to my surprise, look at this delightful video I found:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQWHYG9NtIM

Belated good wishes on your 5th!

Related Posts with Thumbnails