C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Sunday, November 10, 2019

Sunday Drive: All the Things You Are

The other day, I tried to express my thoughts here in the BT about the present age.  But the manifest contrast between the corrupted culture of today and this exquisite piece by Artie Shaw and his orchestra from 80 years ago - which, I realize with a shock, was not all that long before I was born - expresses what I was trying to say so much better than any words of mine can.

Just drink it in, beautiful thoughts in a beautiful form - the sheer loveliness of the music. 

Joy.




4 comments:

Davis said...

Yes, Joy. Something we seem to have forgotten or lost altogether.

Russ Manley said...

Quite. There is a happy medium to be sought in life, but not many people seem to be finding it today.



Blobby said...

fun fact: my grandparents hired Artie Shaw for their New Years Eve parties.

Russ Manley said...

Really? How grand!

Related Posts with Thumbnails