C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Sunday, August 25, 2019

Sunday Drive: 5th Dimension, Aquarius/Let the Sunshine In

Few other songs conjure up the euphoric mood of the hippie-dippy year 1969 as much as this hit by the 5th Dimension that was at the top of the charts for six weeks in the spring of that year.




Ah, but where now is all that dreamy anticipation of a new Golden Age? Who now believes that love is all you need? And where have all the flowers gone?


5 comments:

Davis said...

It was a glorious sound.

Michael said...

I loved that song. Thanks for posting it!

Frank said...

With the 50th anniversary of Woodstock all over the news and PBS, I'm sure many of us have been reminiscing and listening to the music of 1969. I ask myself the same questions...have all the love children of the Age of Aquarius gone republican? And where, oh where are the new generation of counter-culture kids? Come on children now, smile on your brother (and sister and gender non-conforming sibling) and love one another right now!

Frank said...

P.S. My computer completely froze when trying to post the above comment...must have been a Fifth Dimension glitch.

Russ Manley said...

Appreciate ya, fellas.

Related Posts with Thumbnails