C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Saturday, May 19, 2018

American Princess

Your Head Trucker has paid no attention to the royal wedding preparations and speculations these last six months - I've had other things on my mind - but for the record, here are a few snapshots.

It's not every American girl who grows up to be a real princess, but this one did, and how:

Embed from Getty Images


The bride wore Givenchy, a perfection of elegant simplicity, topped with a sleekly chic antique tiara:

Embed from Getty Images


Prince Harry lost no time staking his claim to a little piece of America, which I suppose no one will mind:

Embed from Getty Images


And then they were off - actually, just around the block to the other side of Windsor Castle for the first reception of the day:

Embed from Getty Images


The relatives waved from the side door of the church:

Embed from Getty Images


The Queen was in good form with a chartreuse coat and hat, one of her favorite colors, I'm told, and a magnificent diamond brooch that would choke a horse:

Embed from Getty Images


The parents were pleased and proud, just as you would expect:

Embed from Getty Images


Well, that's all the snaps I took before I ran out of film. But in case anyone missed the festivities, the whole thing - without a single babbling word of commentary - can be seen at the official Royal Family channel:

The Order of Service can be downloaded from the British Monarchy website here.


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails