C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Wednesday, September 9, 2015

A Quiet Milestone for the Queen

Today, Queen Elizabeth II surpassed the 63-year record set by her great-great grandmother Queen Victoria to become the longest-reigning British monarch, and she did it without fanfare, just "business as usual," opening a rebuilt steam railway in rural Scotland.

The Prime Minister, Mr. Cameron, expressed the thanks of the nation in Parliament for Her Majesty's "selfless sense of service and duty," calling her reign "a golden thread running through three postwar generations"; you can read his remarks and those of many others at the Telegraph.

Your Head Trucker will say only that the Queen is one of the few people left in public life on any continent that he admires unreservedly.  Long may she reign, happy and glorious.



1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails