C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Thursday, August 27, 2015

Grace and Frankie

M.P. and I just discovered this Netflix series by accident last night, and OMG we laughed and howled until it hurt.  The cast is stellar - Jane Fonda, Lily Tomlin, Martin Sheen, and Sam Waterston - and the writing excellent.  Do check it out, fellas - you'll be glad you did.




BTW, your Head Trucker remembers the first time he ever saw a gay character in a movie was in 1972's That Certain Summer, starring the late Hal Holbrook and Martin Sheen as lovers.  The movie portrayed them in a sympathetic light, which was shockingly radical at the time.  Quite interesting to see the thoroughly heterosexual Sheen return to a gay role at this late date - which he performs brilliantly, I think, as do all the lead actors.

2 comments:

Frank said...

Better late to the party than not being there at all. We've seen the entire season and it is quite good. The actors really play well with one another.

Russ Manley said...

They sure make a great ensemble cast, that's part of the fun.

Related Posts with Thumbnails