C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Wednesday, February 13, 2013

State of the Union, 2013


The President's State of the Union Address to Congress last night was a fine performance, and contained two shout-outs for the gays - I'm not sure, but maybe we got mentioned for the first time in any SOTU address? First, this:
It is our unfinished task to restore the basic bargain that built this country - the idea that if you work hard and meet your responsibilities, you can get ahead, no matter where you come from, no matter what you look like, or who you love.
And later, this:
We'll invest in new capabilities, even as we reduce waste and wartime spending. We will ensure equal treatment for all servicemembers, and equal benefits for their families - gay and straight. (Applause.)
In case you missed it, here's the enhanced video from the White House, with various charts and graphics appearing in a sidebar during the course of the speech. Full text here.



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails