C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Where It's All Headed

Everybody in this country, high and low, young and old, on the right and on the left, loves to mouth about freedom.  Which puts everybody in a rah-rah, wave-the-flag, let's-all-march-together-mood; and it just sounds so good, don't it?

But your Head Trucker would like to point out that nine times out of ten, what people really mean when they say the word is something else entirely.  What they really mean might be a number of different things; much of the time it's Obey me, bitch - or else.

As evidence of which, I submit the following stories for you all to think about.  And yes, whoever you are and whatever you do - your turn will come next, and sooner than you think.

Is It Fair to Fine Fat People for Not Dieting?


NYC Condo Tower Bans Smoking

2 comments:

David said...

The problem with our country is that everyone is WAY too interested in everybody else's business.

I'm not a big guy (although I come from a family of big-assed folk), and I don't smoke in the house, but that's me. I have no opinion on anyone else's weight or where they smoke.

Russ Manley said...

Appreciate ya David. MYOB is a mighty good rule that lots of people need to learn.

Related Posts with Thumbnails