C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Sunday, January 9, 2011

Snow Day in Texas

At the moment, 30 degrees here, headed down to 23 tonight, and a high tomorrow of 35.  First time it's snowed this winter.  Last year by this point it had snowed 6 or 7 times.

The birds are having a frozen dinner.
Back yard, about 4:30 p.m.
Front yard
There was a big bunch of sparrows sitting in the wisteria bush by the curb, but they all flew off the moment before I snapped this pic.
The ex-roommate calls this sycamore a "planet tree."  They're all snow planets today.

And I took these pics before today's snow.  All the time I've been here, there's been a squirrel threesome living in the back yard.  Figures.  I call them Huey, Dewey, and Louie.


As well as a pair of cardinals - but curiously, they only come to eat at dawn and dusk, so it's hard to get a good picture of them.  Here's the mister, rather wary of the camera.

2 comments:

Frank said...

There's no getting away from winter...and things haven't been so good in the southern hemisphere this summer either - floods in Australia and Brazil. Hawaii sounds good.

"Sir" said...

Remember, though, there is no climate change!

Related Posts with Thumbnails